1948

The Abercrombie Engineering Laboratory, built with a gift from J.S. and Lillie Frank Abercrombie and their daughter Josephine E. Abercrombie '46, opens. Architects Staub & Rather consult with William Ward Watkin. A sculpture by William McVey '27, the best-known artist alumnus of Rice at the time, completes the project.

  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
open window
background