After much discussion with the Institute's board, George S. Cohen, president of Foley's Department Store, provides funds for a faculty club. His gift honors his parents Robert and Agnes Cohen of Galveston on their 70th birthdays. Designed by William Ward Watkin, the club's lounge with its stone fireplace and polychromed wood ceiling and the other rooms become popular gathering places. The club adds a large dining room designed by Lloyd & Morgan in 1958-1959. Robert F. White & Assoc. create the garden and fountain in 1960. George Cohen is also an early contributor to the Student Loan Fund established by Will Hogg in the 1920s.