2000

Rice renovates the 54,000 square-foot original Chemistry Building (formerly Dell Butcher Hall) as Howard Keck Hall to honor former chairman and president of the W. M. Keck Foundation. At a cost of $18 million, FKP Architects gut the interior of the William Ward Watkin 1925 building to create world-class labs and flexible spaces that encourage collaboration for the biophysics and bioengineering departments.

  •  
  •  
  • 1
  • 2
open window
background