1914

The Physics Building (later renamed Herzstein Hall) is the 1st building to be completed after the formal opening of the Institute and is designed by Cram, Goodhue & Ferguson. Harold A. Wilson, one of President Lovett's star faculty recruits, influences the building design and chooses laboratory equipment. People standing in the acoustic niches on either side of the main doors can whisper to each other without being overheard by people standing between them.

  •  
  •  
  • 1
  • 2
The physics building (Herzstein Hall) was completed in 1914.
Herzstein Hall, photo 1914
open window
background